Re: NT file read/write access.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 06:00:25PM +0200, Fred - Knoppix-Fr wrote:
> Le lundi 18 juin 2007 17:56, Klaus Knopper a écrit :

> > > yes I think that's what I made...
> >
> > Usually, you just need
> >
> > mount /media/hda1
> >
> > or click on the desktop icon, for mounting an NTFS partition usig
> > fuse+ntfs-3g. It is the default for NTFS partitions in Knoppix.
>
> If I do remember what I tried, I first made this but it seems to only use ntfs
> and not ntfs-3g. And it seemed to behave differently if I specified ntfs type
> (as written in the fstab) or ntfs-3g type. Am I wrong ?

In order to switch easily between ntfs-3g, libntfs and kernel-ntfs,
Knoppix always uses "ntfs" as file system type for /etc/fstab. But
mount.ntfs, which is automatically called unless you use the -i option
of mount, will use ntfs-3g as default.

You can check by looking at the output of "mount" with no parameters.
ntfs-3g should appear as "fuse" or "fuseblk". Plus, there should be a
fusermount or ntfs-3g process running while the partition is mounted.