Re: A few comments about Knoppix 5.1

Hi

John Woods a écrit :
[...]

The kicker bug is just
unacceptable as it is... imho.

Well I think this bug is a very small bug: you can easily use Alt + F2 to launch another kicker.

Once again It could teach newbies that this little bar is an independant application which could be killed and re-lived/reloaded :)

[...]

Also, kaffeine should be the
default multimedia player until mplayer catches up in Debian/unstable."

I discovered yesterday evening that (g)mplayer was on CD edition so I don't understand this phrase ???

I've also notice that konqueror associate avi files with xine, not kaffeine that cause an error when clicking from konqueror on an avi file (maybe other video files).

I think 5.1 is a good release, I'm happy to see CPU clock perfectly managed by 2.6.19 kernel (Via C3 Nehemiah), LID doesn't switch of anymore this laptop, via Xorg module gives me a little 3D (enough to be able to play to chromium :P) ...

I'm impatient to test beryl on my works computer (via CLE266 seems not to be supported) :D

Well lot and lot of thanks for this works !!!

KNOPPIX is the world best distribution :)

--
Jody