Why the /home directory is linked to /ramdisk/home and not /UNIONFS/home ?

Hello Klaus,
I hope you are enjoying great holidays with your family & friends.

Why the /home directory is linked to /ramdisk/home and not /UNIONFS/home ?
That would simplify the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession script since aufs
would handle the home skeleton for you and there is not need to rsync
data into the ramdisk. I am sure you have good reasons.
Just as a curiosity, is it for efficiency/speed ?

If it is for configuration flexibility, would it make sense to still access the /home directory
via the unionfs ? (after data have been copied to the ramdisk and aufs merged)
This would be helpful if you like to use a cloop file (KNOPPIX2) to store
pre-configured data in the /home directory.

Any hope to get a new Knoppix release with an updated kernel under the Christmas tree ? ;-)
Can I offer some help ?

Merry Christmas and happy New Year !
Gilles van Ruymbeke