Making new minirt tricky

Hi all!

I have made new remastering of Knoppix using my own 2.6.23.8 kernel (http://linux.ilmainen.net/suomiknoppix/linux-2.6.23.8/) and new cloop-2.6.22.6 . Everything works fine but 'toram' cheatcode.

I have tried to do new minirt in different sizes and got different results as seen in page http://linux.ilmainen.net/temp/toram/.

The snapshot 'toram_fails.png' is using same minirt size as used in original Knoppix (I suppose):
# dd if=/dev/zero of=minirt bs=1k count=4500

The filesystem is made like this:
# mke2fs -L "KNOPPIX miniroot" -b 1024 -N 4096 -O none -F -q -m 0 minirt || exit 1

There is no error message after 'mount: can't find /cdrom2...' - everything just stops. My minirt.gz is exactly the same as with using my older 2.6.21.7 kernel (snapshot 'toram_succeed.png') and older cloop, but using new /modules.

Could this anyhow have something to do with new cloop or is my new kernel too big if using initrd? I must confess that this initrd stuff is confusing me a little.

I have tested my iso file using kqemu and giving memory enough by -m option.

Regards

-tapsa-