Why doesn't knoppix restrict to substitue superuser?

Why doesn't knoppix restrict to substitue superuser?

I wonder why doesn't knoppix restrict to substitue superuser?
When I use 'su' or 'sudo', knoppix doesn't ask password for root.
Is there any reason why this is?
Is there any technical reason?

In my opinion, maybe it is concerned about knoppix's history. Knoppix
project was originally started in personal rescue CD. Knoppix users
had to substutite superuser frequently. so no password was more
convenient.

Am I right?

--
大逆戰