Touring the EU with Knoppix sans laptop

Hello all,

I have the good fortune of going to Europe this late Spring.  On past
trips, I have taken my laptop with me.  But this time, I was thinking of
leaving the laptop behind and traveling only with a Knoppix CD and a USB
stick.  Instead of looking for wifi connections, I was going to visit
internet cafes or similar and boot with Knoppix, using a persistent
image on the USB stick to save my settings.  Since most of my
communications and documents reside someplace other than my laptop, I
figured maybe I could leave the laptop behind and rely solely on finding
a internet computer that can boot Knoppix.

I did something similar to this a few years ago when I went to
Argentina.  But on that trip I had my laptop, which allowed me enough
on-line time until I could find which internet cafes enabled me to boot
into Knoppix.

Has anyone done something like this before?  Anything to be aware of?

The cities I will be visiting will include Amsterdam, NL; Cologne, DE;
Lucerne, CH; and Zurich, CH.  I'll be Googling for internet cafes in
those cities, but if anyone has any suggestions of good places to drop
in on, I'd love to hear about it.

Regards,
- Robert