Re: new zoneinfo files?

On 10 March 2007 at 10:10, John Conover wrote:

| Where are the latest zoneinfo files for Knoppix 3.6, (with updated US
| DST.) I looked in the debian.org files, and it looks like they are not
| updated.

With all due respect, Knoppix 3.6 is several light years old. Klaus has
released *two* major versions since then.

There was a howto somewhere [1] that showed how you could do this by hand.
My Ubuntu and Debian systems got updated packages from the mirrors -- worst
case you could fetch one of those tzdata packages and use it by hand.  But
you may also get into problems as the libc6 package used in Knoppix 3.6 may
not have had tzdata broken out.

And then there is of course ntp with clients like the simpler ntpdate. My
system have been calling this via crontab once an hour for years.

Hope this helps,  Dirk

[1] One minute of googling leads to
    but there is more if you just google e.g. for
	http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+zic+timezone+change+2007

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison