Re: Cheat codes for an HP 800CT Omnibook Laptop

Klaus Knopper writes:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 04:37:01PM -0800, John Conover wrote:
> > Are there any Knoppix cheat codes for the HP 800CT Omnibook?
>
> Probably yes, but what are the Symptoms, what's the error message, at
> which point does it stop booting?

Thanks, Klaus. The CD is not bootable on such an ancient machine, so I
made a boot and root floppy, booted with a Knoppix 3.6 CD in the
CDROM, installed the root floppy when prompted, and it boots to KDE,
but the display is splattered, (looks like an X problem-windows are
not disappearing when closed, and overwritten with new text-moving a
shell results in the text behind the shell window being displayed in
the shell window, too.)

Knoppix says its a NeoMagic NM2070 graphics chip, (some docs on the
Internet confirm that this is correct,) and I have unsuccessfully
tried Xmodule=svga, (the X server fails,) and both Fb800x600 and
fb1024x768 which seem to have no effect.

I don't know if it is related, but at boot, I get a "You Passed an
Undefined Mode Number" message, and I have to choose 80x25.

    Thanks Klaus,

    John

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/