Re: Knoppix 5.1 Mini-Announcement

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 03:16:17PM +0100, Klaus Knopper wrote:
[...lots of true but sad facts..]

> Maybe Martin Öhler is going to include the proprietary drivers in
> Games-Knoppix, with permission of NVidia, I don't know. If he does,
> I'm almost sure that he will also offer beryl as boot option.

beryl will not be removed.

> It should also be possible to download and install the proprietary
> drivers in the live system on-demand, if you can accept their license
> and believe it is OK.

It's very sad that these drivers are not GPL'ed. This hurts on so many
levels, from quality over compatibility (think of recent kernels and
how long it sometimes takes to get a module that compiles) to distribution
(our point of view).

> Hopefully this clears up this point. Or maybe it throws in even more
> questions. Anyways. ;-)

We'll see. ;)

Martin