apt aconfiguration problem

Hey List,

I'm a newbie in Linux.I did KNOPPIX 4.0.2 HD installation. The problem I
encountered is that I could not get apt work properly. After trying "apt-get -f
install" I got the following message.

#######################
pkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 20331 package
`bind9-host':
 EOF during value of field `Description' (missing final newline)
########################

After that I ran "apt-get remove kdm"
it tells me it will not going to be installed

This is my /etc/apt/sources.list.

deb ftp://debian.cn99.com/debian/ testing main
deb-src ftp://debian.cn99.com/debian/ testing main

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main

deb ftp://debian.cn99.com/debian/ unstable main
deb-src ftp://debian.cn99.com/debian/ unstable main

Can anyone help me please? If I need to offer more information please let me
know. Any hint will be hightly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!