Creating bootfloppy problem

Hi folks,

Knoppix 4.0.2

I tried to prepare bootfloppy for my friend whose PC can't boot from
cdrom.

I applied following procedure
KMenu --> Knoppix --> Utilities --> Create bootfloppy for Knoppix

creating several sets of bootfloppy, at finish "successful" notice
popup and without complaint during their creating.   However on booting
the first bootfloppy of each set it always hung on;

Kernel panic - not syncing : VFS : unable to mount root fs on unknown -
blcok (1,3)

Also tried preformating the floppy with
# fdformat /dev/fd0u1760

still no breakthrough

Knoppix LiveCD worked without problem on PC with CDRom booting
function.

I also created the bootfloppy on another Linux PC to check whether the
problem coming from the floppy drive but without breakthrough

Checked previously;
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ

and could not discover any question relevent.

Help will be appreciated. TIA

B.R.
SL