Re: knoppix 4.02 upgrade

Hi,

Napoleon Manuel a écrit :

Laszlo,

As I stated earlier, I have re-installed knoppix 4.02 and I have desisted from running apt-get upgrade.
You must _not_ use upgrade !

Instead you could:

- Remove some packages,

- Have a look at the list shown by: apt-get dist-upgrade

- And then update packages by small groups (thanks to previous list).

Then you'll be able to validate: apt-get dist-upgrade

The hardest is the first time.

Regarding the keyboard, I changed keyboards and still cannot use it in kde though it is ok with iceWm. Again I can't seem to get this on so I guess I will again just re-install my system.

thanks for the help.

Only you can help you: read the FAQ before doing.

Regards,

--
Jo