Re: Contents of /usr/include and symlinks to kernel sources

Hi,

Don't know if it what you want to do but, to be able to compile with KNOPPIX 5.0.1 I do:

fetch kernel source:
wget ftp://ftp.fr.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/2.6.17.tar.bz2

Extract archive:
tar xvjf 2.6.17.tar.bz2

Move folder to /usr/src

mv 2.6.17 /usr/src

Nb: you should be able to do it, unless add your user to src group

We need to create some symlinks:
ln -sfn /usr/src/linux-2.6.17 /usr/src/linux

Copy kernel config:
cp /boot/config-$v_noyau /usr/src/linux/.config

(with root):
ln -sfn /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 /usr/include/asm
ln -sfn /usr/src/linux /lib/modules/$v_noyau/build

Ok, in order to compil we have to do like we compil the same kernel:

We go in kernel sources:
cd /usr/src/linux

make menuconfig
You exit and save ...

make-kpkg kernel_image
You could stop with Ctrl c as soon as you can see a line like:
CC scripts/empty.o

That's all you should be able to compil whatever you want, If you have install KNOPPIX, you may have to redo symlink to right gcc

ln -sfn /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 /usr/bin/gcc

Hope it helps,

--
Jody