/etc/apt/sources.list

 The file /etc/apt/sources.list is truncated is this correct?

Keith
--- Begin Message --- I am running Knoppix 5.0.1 with a persistent image, and I am strugging to get the system to configure my network card automatically.

I start my system with:

knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan

and have put the following into knoppix.sh

modprobe ne io=0x300 irq=10

it appears that every time this runs it picks a new ethernet interface e.g. eth5 .. eth6 .. eth7
as seen in ifconfig -a

at boot following the knoppix.sh it says "starting networking.... done" and then
it says /etc/networking/options is deprecated.
and then some errors follow as it seems to be processing the entries in /etc/networking/interfaces
I havent got the log in front of me (is it saved somewhere?)

any help would be greatly appreciatied

best regards

Keith

___________________________________________________________ The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html