Belgium vs Belarus

No, this is not about the next world cup match, but about a
little locale problem that has been nagging me for a good while
with knoppix. See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.knoppix/3775/
I just checked with the V5 DVD, and using the "lang=be" and
"desktop=gnome" ends up with lots of cyrillic menu entries.
In /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, line 156, LANGUAGE="be"
is defined and causes localised applications to use belarussian if
available. Please,  make this LANGUAGE="en" so I can finally
stop posting about the issue and sounding like a broken record!

Thanks,

--bald