Re: Umount a Persistent KNOPPIX Disk Image in use

Hi,

Thank you Klaus for your answer.

Klaus Knopper wrote:
[...]

Could it be possible to have a mount PDI daemon which could mount/start or umount/stop with a script in /etc/init.d ?

Difficult, because you have to make sure that no process is using the
directory while mounting/umounting.

All right :)

[...]

I like to use symlinks instead, because you can point a symlink to a new
location without unmounting anything. This is being done in
knoppix-image when the persistent image is joined with the rest.
I'm using symlinks too, for e-mail directory.

I have tested installing yakuake from sid repository on 5.0 from Cebit, It requires to upgrade libc6 which is not good to do with PDI:
I say yes ... bad answer  :)

To conclude a PDI of 240Mo is not enough for me and I should not upgrade libc6.

--
Jody