1mn 27s to start KNOPPIX 5 fromhd :)

Hi,

I've never measure time to start before ...

from zero to 1mn 27s to have a nice Kdestkop and lot, lot, lot usefull apps :)

My test was realised by hand with a GSM chronometer,

Shame on me I've Nvidia driver installed in PDI that take several seconds to create links.

I may lost some seconds by accepting load of PDI (info->yeux->cerveau->muscle)

on AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1600+ (1405.018 Mhz,256 KB cache, 2814.29 bogomips).

knoppix@1[knoppix]$ cat /proc/cmdline
fromhd=/dev/hda1 knoppix_dir=KNOPPIX5 home=/media/hdb2 lang=fr ramdisk=100000 dma acpi=off noapic pnpbios=off pci=biosirq nobootusb nopcmcia nofirewire alsa xmodule=nvidia idebus=100 quiet gmt

I'll get a try to keep uptime in a file with ~/.kde/Autostart although someone have a more scientific procedure ? :)

--
Jody