Re: ????: Re: Will 5.0.1 be more than another live-cd?

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 07:46:36PM +0100, Manolis Mathioudakis wrote:

> Klaus Knopper <debian-knoppix@knopper.net> ??????:
> Knoppix is and will be a Live System based on Debian GNU/Linux, with a
> compilation of (hopefully) useful software and rescue tools, designed
> for working best as a Live System but with an option to install to
> harddisk. What you make out of it, is entirely up to you.
>
>   This is the only part where I don't agree with you 100%. Yes knoppix is a live cd. But a need to install it is a major issue for almost all knoppix users. So please do not neglect the installer. Now that knoppix uses most debian stuff it should be easier then ever to have a true debian system after knoppix installs on hd. I am not talking about support etc. Just that it installs and gives a 100% compatible system

The fact that I wrote "working best as a Live System" doesn't mean you
shouldn't install it. But I still see Debian as the main system designed
for installation, which Knoppix is just a live derivate of. Of course,
the installer, which makes a Debian system out of Knoppix, is an
important issue, I agree with that. Once you have a live system running,
it's easier to copy the proper config files.

With kind regards