Report on few days on KNOPPIX 5.0

Hi,

I' ve booted KNOPPIX v5 on three differents config:

2 laptop (Toshiba satellite M40, Elite G320) and one desktop.

It is my first DVD version, very impressed by number of apps.

A little report:

- OOo ask to register at each launch

- Firefox don't keep config parameters with IDP (font size)

- CD/DVD-Rom are not well recognised (icons on desktop)

- DVD-Rom reader are slow on satellite with ICH6 SATA controller

- Eagle pppoeconf that appears in KANOTIX menu seems partial or not installed (no eagle-usb module neither eaglctrl apps).

- system booted with Knoppix Terminal Server don't shutdown on a server booted with fromhd (haven't tested in live-dvd), although system can now stop when running with fromhd (not possible in 4.0.2)

- we can compile modules in live-cd (Nvidia or ATI driver)

Here is my little notes, v5 is a very good work !

Thanks Klaus and others.

Ps: G320 with CLE266 don't freeze anymore with via module (xmodule=via) but any accelerated support (80 fps instead of 300 with via unichrome driver)

--
Jody