Report on few days on KNOPPIX 5.0
I' ve booted KNOPPIX v5 on three differents config:
2 laptop (Toshiba satellite M40, Elite G320) and one desktop.
It is my first DVD version, very impressed by number of apps.
A little report:
- OOo ask to register at each launch
- Firefox don't keep config parameters with IDP (font size)
- CD/DVD-Rom are not well recognised (icons on desktop)
- DVD-Rom reader are slow on satellite with ICH6 SATA controller
- Eagle pppoeconf that appears in KANOTIX menu seems partial or not
installed (no eagle-usb module neither eaglctrl apps).
- system booted with Knoppix Terminal Server don't shutdown on a server
booted with fromhd (haven't tested in live-dvd), although system can now
stop when running with fromhd (not possible in 4.0.2)
- we can compile modules in live-cd (Nvidia or ATI driver)
Here is my little notes, v5 is a very good work !
Thanks Klaus and others.
Ps: G320 with CLE266 don't freeze anymore with via module (xmodule=via)
but any accelerated support (80 fps instead of 300 with via unichrome