Re: Knoppix and raid5

M. R. wrote:
I'm wondering if knoppix will recognize my raid5, that I create with gentoo.
If , for instance , gentoo doesn't boot some time, is it still possible to access my data on the raid5 under knoppix?

Knoppix includes both the RAID modules and the mdadm utility for manipulating them. I don't have a machine with software raid to confirm this at the moment, but it should be as simple as "modprobe raid5" at the command line, and the kernel should automatically set up existing /dev/mdX partitions.

RF