Re: boot floppy with recent Knoppix

Hi

Klaus Knopper wrote:
[...]
Currently, only the ISO-enabled version of grub, with a chain bootloader
for loading boot/isolinux/linux and boot/isolinux/minirt.gz from the CD. There is no ready-made floppy available for this yet, though. :-(

Thanks for for you quick response, I have found some interressant info on forum of knoppix.net

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=280

This packages seems interresting:
http://s94002264.onlinehome.us/grub/grube.zip

http://s94002264.onlinehome.us/grub/kno402.zip (contains kernel and minirt_ntfs.gz)

It seems that grube.zip/Grube/makeflo use cygwin binaries (dd.exe) to create floppy

There are also some grub config file samples for root on USB or on NTFS.

I have to find a Fenetre(tm) with floppy drive to make some tests :)

Jody