Re: wireless in 4.02

> Are others on this list successfully using wireless cards with 4.02?
> I have tried the 4.02 CD, the 4.02 DVD and my remaster, on several
> machines, and the problem is always the same - initial connection
> with DHCP server OK, then no more packets come in. I tried
> no{everything} on the initial boot prompt, as Klaus suggested, with
> no joy.

Yes, I use a wireless card and DHCP.

You don't show your interfaces entry, but it should read something
like:

iface eth0 inet dhcp
name Wireless LAN card
wireless_essid YOURESSID

After than, an ifup eth0 should activate the card, even if ESSID
broadcasting is deactivated.

However, if you are using WEP, WPA or some such, then you will need to
take further action.

One further thing, I found that the cheatcodes affected my wireless
card's ability to boot. Replacing acpi=off with pci=noacpi fixed a few
problems that I was having.

Best,
Marc