Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN (lang=fr)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 01:27:52PM +0200, Jody wrote:
> Hi,
> Martin Owens a écrit :
> > If you do have a look at this part of knoppix could you add the en-gb
> > kde and keyboard files and make sure they work too? thanks.
>
> Well keyboard works well with parameter lang=
>
> I've tried lang=ru, keyboard is good, only kde apps stay in en.
>
> It seems beteween kde-i18n-* are installed that somes could not be used
> seen by kcontrol (kcontrol show: German, English us, Spanish, Japanese,
> Polish, Turkish)
>
> dpkg -l | grep kde-i18n show locale for:
>
> de, es, fr, it, ja, nl, pl, ru , tr
>
> Seems fr, ru, nl are missing.

Actually, if you look into the line before, they ARE installed, but
apparently don't contain the data which is being used by the exact same
version of the KDE apps. -> Broken.

> I've tested removing kde-i18n-fr, reinstall it, let only testing and
> alioth repository in sources.list
>
> I had some errors:
>
> /usr/share/apps/khangman/data/fr
> /usr/share/apps/ktuberling/sounds/fr
> /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/fr/common
> /usr/share/doc/kde-i18n-fr
>
> message was for each:
> folder was not empty
>
> I've tried remove some, delete some, don't remember what works and
> .bash_history seems not beeing created

Try solving this with dpkg-divert.

> But It's possible to reinstall it in live-on-cd, version installed is now:
>
> kde-3.3.2-2 ^^

Yes, these was the last version of kde-i18n that actually worked.
Unfortunately, I didn't notice because I only tested english and german,
which both worked fine. :-(

> Maybe internationnalisation packages for 3.4.1-1 are not ready (Tried
> unstable repository, package seem broken)

Right. This will hopefully be solved with the next release that is
supposed to contain KDE 3.4.2 (if finally all dependencies with gcc-4.0
and xorg are resolved).