dselect problem when updating Knoppix 3.3

Hello, does anyone have a solution to this problem?

For the last couple of years I've been using Knoppix 3.3 with kernel 2.4.24. And I'm very satisfied with the install.

The problem ever since about April of this year, when I do a dselect and what to do an update, it says it is going to remove about 896 megs of all sorts of stuff, and basicly trash my system.

I just want to upgrade the secuity, without completely redoing my system (3.3).

Any ideas?

Regards to all.

kwa