Re: [debian-knoppix] How install "pwc driver" on 3.8.2 ?

Ralph De Witt wrote:

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 05:26 am, jb wrote:
hi all :)

Always with pwc driver ;)
I'd like compile it without an hd install... how using kernel headers
packges to do this ?
(I don't know how it has to work)

Tks.
				JB
JB:
I thought the pwc module was part of the new 2.6 kernels and needs only to be enableed in the kernel. If I remember correctly after it was removed from the 2.4/2.6 kernels a new developer stepped forward and it was totally rewritten to be GPL and was added back into the kernels. So there should be no need to compile it, it just needs to be enabled in the kernel. This will vary from distro to distro.
I have included the webcam pwc driver on our PaiPix http://aamorimsrv.fis.fc.ul.pt/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=PaiPix_EN release that uses the 2.6.11 knoppix kernel. I am publishing the deb packages tomorrow on http://aamorimsrv.fis.fc.ul.pt/mirrors/paipix/PAIPIX/i386/ and you can pick them from there (paipix-webcam package). The sources will be in http://aamorimsrv.fis.fc.ul.pt/mirrors/paipix/PAIPIX/source) but are not proper debian kernel module packages but rather tuned to the 2.6.11 kernel. One needs to modify debian/rules for other kernel versions.

All the best,
Antonio Amorim