Re: LG LW-60 (laptop)

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 03:59:44AM +0930, hoagie@txc.net.au wrote:
> I have got knoppix running on one of those; you have to use
> noacpi noapic pci=biosirq but then you cant use any pcmcia cards :p

Maybe still a defective ACPI after all: You have to type "acpi=off"
instead of "noacpi". "noacpi" is mostly ignored by the linux kernel.

> And there's no way to get the wired lan working, wireless works though
> (2915abg).
>
> I tried those drivers from that website and now i got it working, but i find
> making a custom knoppix so difficult, i wish this was included by default.

Not good. Is there a BIOS update for your notebook that could make the
problems go away? It looks like a really messed up BIOS and interrupt
routing to me if you need all these options. :-(

Which website and which driver were you referring to, btw? Maybe it's
already included in the next standard linux kernel?