Re: general open OS installer disk project

Ruud Steltenpool wrote:
I have an idea for a thing that i think can save a lot of people a lot of
hassle and through that also spread the use of Linux and BSD, and because
i'm a Linux noob and you're an expert and well connected in distro-land
i'm asking you where to take this idea:

A bootflop that loads a menu from the net and fills it with distros to
pick from, then when you pick one it automatically brings you into the
installer of that distro.

Of course not all computers have floppy drives, so we need CD and USB
memory stick versions as well.

What do you think?

Where should i try to get my idea realized?

Thanks,

Ruud Steltenpool

	Dude, a 2.6 kernel & a small initrd hardly fits on a 1.44 MB floppy.  It
would be nice to have a 20MB iso image to do that, 'tho.