Re: [debian-knoppix] USB Pen Drives.

Breyan, Alan wrote:

How do you mount a usb drive in knoppix 3.7?

I have a laptop that crashed and need to access the information, I have been trying to mount the drive so I can use my thumb drive.

I need help, please get back to me as soon as possible.

Generally, I would expect it to mount as /dev/sda1.
In some cases (older versions of knoppix, and possibly usb-1 drives)
it mounted as /dev/uda1.   If the drive is inserted at boot time,
it should show up in /etc/fstab with a corresponding mount
directory in /mnt  (e.g. /mnt/sda1 ).

Just `mount /mnt/sda1`  should be all that you need. (or whatever
device name presents itself)

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/