Re: knoppix 3.9 iptables : string-match

Hello again,

the problem of compilation is solved. The solution can be found at the
knoppix.net forum.
Shortly: Replace following:
OLD:
static struct ipt_match string_match
= { { NULL, NULL }, "string", &match, &checkentry, NULL, THIS_MODULE };

NEW:
static struct ipt_match string_match = {
   .name       = "string",
   .checkentry   = checkentry,
   .me       = THIS_MODULE
};

And set integer "smp_num_cpus" to 1.

But now there is another problem:
module can be loaded properly, but when filtering a string and a host sends
this defined string, the firewall gets a Kernel PANIC while ipt_do_table is
in stack. This is a function defined in ip_tables.c.
I don't know how to solve it. Does anyone now the error or have a nice hint??

Florian Osses