/tmp/.ICE-unix should be owned by root - why is this not corrected?

I noticed that after hd install of Knoppix 4.0.2 CD owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix is knoppix. Somehow this works in spite of that and KDE starts very quickly. Of course, in /home/user_name/.xsession-errors file comes an error message because of that.

But the problem comes after my remastering. I can't get X to start from login if I don't change owner of that directory 'chown root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix'. And the bad thing is that I must do that again after every login! What overrides my settings?

Has this something to do with my libice6 (6.8.2.dfsg.1-8)? Original version in Knoppix 4.0.2 is 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14. If this is a bug, how do I get it fixed or at least bypassed? I can't fix this myself, so any help would be appreciated.

Btw, this same error exists also in CD booting and I have bypassed it in my remasterings by adding to knoppix-autoconfig:
mkdir -p /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chown -R root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null

Should this be also corrected some way in original Knoppix?

regards
-tapsa-