Remastering Knoppix 3.9,

Hi,

I want to remaster Knoppix 3.9.
First I only tried to compress the original Knoppix source to see that it works, and I didn't do any changes to the source. I expected to get compressed Knoppix of the same size (692MB), but I got 718MB.

According to advices, that I found in archive, I used compressor from 3.9
And also I used a new option -b for best compresson, but it didn't help. Any ideas?
My command looked like that:

mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX iso9660 filesystem" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad source/ | nice -5 create_compressed_fs -b - 65536 > new/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

To find out what is wrong I did two things: extracted the original Knoppix iso using extract_compressed_fs from Knoppix source, and created a new iso without compresson, and as a result I found out that my new uncommpressed iso is also larger than uncompressed original iso. Can it be a problem of mkisofs?

Thanks in advance,
Natalia