Re: [debian-knoppix] How install "pwc driver" on 3.8.2 ?

Hallo jb,

> hi all :)
>
> > You are right, it should be in the kernel, but with KNOPPIX 3.8.2
> > there is no module named pwc.ko, at least modprobe pwc says so:-((
>
> Are you REALLY sure  of this ?
Yes, xawtv complains:
...can't open /dev/video0: No such device
no video grabber device available

I have a camera myself and I compiled pwc.ko from source for 2.6.11 (on
HD). But compiling under knoppix fails, because of missing kernel
source. The old pwcx is not needed any more. I think pwc is included in
kanotix.

> Ho.. I realize I forgot to say something :
> I'd like to have 640*480 resolution. This could be done by pwcx and
> pwcx one  year ago but since Nemosoft has stopped pwc maitening, Luc
> Saillard has made  reverse ingeniering and his pwc patch permit this
> resolution.
>
> I don't understand why this is not included in kernel (pb in userspace
> ?)
>
> Antonio : tks, I will try it tomorrow.
>
> Bye.

Have a nice day!