3.8.1 Bugs

I just posted a bug (No USB keyboard support on Dell Optiplex GX280.) on the wiki: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/3.8.1

Someone else, also just posted a separate one.

Is the wiki preferred over the list? Vice versa?

I’m including my bug below purely for the convenience of the extraordinarily lazy. :-)

Cheers,

James

--- Begin Paste ---

No USB keyboard support on Dell Optiplex GX280.

Some hardware details:

* USB Keyboard: Happens to be a Danish keyboard, shouldn't matter.

* USB Mouse

* Pentium 4

* SATA hard drive

symptons:

* Keyboard works at the "KNOPPIX: " boot prompt, anything after that it doesn't

* above the "Welcome to KNOPPIX... (etc)" white text line, you have:

    1. image of tux

    2. audit(somenumber.???:?)

    3. ata2: disabling port

  it's that 3rd line that perplexes me.

* Hangs 30 seconds into booting, immediately after message: "2.78 Knoppix booting"

* It seems it never detects anything USB (though the USB mouse kinda works later...)

* booting "debug" asks to type exit to continue... nothing responds on the keyboard

* booting "failsafe" makes it all the way to KDE where the mouse (mostly) works, but the keyboard does not.

* booting "expert" fails when it needs KB input to select SCSI drivers.

* booting the {nousb|nousb2|lang=da} all fail.

* booting "knoppix testcd" fails similarly

* booting "failsafe testcd" tests the CD and makes it into KDE as prev. mentioned

ideas:

* ?? I've tried a lot of tweaking and some searching, anyone experiencing similar issues?