Re: [debian-knoppix] Old Bios boot with floppy

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 05:24:28PM -0600, Donn Washburn wrote:
> Hey Group;
>
> I have a possible opurtunity to make in rodes into a place that only
> knows Winblows and calls Unix a "Legacy OS".
>
> I need a way to boot a old 1998 BIOS machine that only supports a
> floppy and/or HD.  Surprising enough is that it mention a network boot.
>
> Can someone give me some guidance.  I did look at grub.org and it
> seems rather straight forward but the boot disk I made fails
> complaining about "ext" something.  Guess I am missing something in
> menu.lst

You just need

- a different cdrom-bootable machine on the same network for running the Knoppix Terminalserver (maybe use your own notebook?)

- a PXE-bootable network card in the "legacy PCs", or a PXE-bootfloppy that matches the type of cards installed in those machines, check out www.rom-o-matic.net for floppy images.