Re: [debian-knoppix] Help PLEAS, laptop powers down while installing

Two other things that I can think of after that:

1) check the BIOS settings see if you can turn off acpi/apm there.
2) try booting with noacpi     (I THINK that works.. no time to check)

Achim Unger wrote:

Hallo,

have you made sure the CD is OK? Use "knoppix testcd" to check the
md5sums of the files on CD!

I'm trying to use the 3.7 CD (2 different copies) to do an install on
a Compaq N410c.
The install starts OK, but at about 78% of files copied, the machine
powers down!. I've corrupted my already working Debian install by
doing this, and need to get something working!

I even tried the noacpi boot time option.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It's reliable, it's happened about
5 times in a row, Yes the machine has the power cord plunged in :-)

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/