Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix version

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:45:42PM -0800, mark everton wrote:
> I know that is not an easy question....
> But where is a new knoppix version?
> Can we expect a date?
> Klaus, Fabian and co
> Please give us a new version.
> Or is  there a problem?

"When it is ready." ;-)

Sorry, but for the download edition, I would like to reserve the right to
publish the new version only if

- at least SOME of the new planned features or improvements have been added
- the image is <= 700MB (currently my 3.7 prerelease is about 715MB, which
  means that about 15MB of software have to go).
- most of the feedback and bug reports have been integrated
- there are no "showstopper" bugs left known to me
- the main features have been tested.

Currently, I'm still busy with the final image. I made the mistake of twelling
some people that the new version would be ready by begining of November, but I
really had no time to finish it.

Well, maybe this weekend. No promises. ;-)