Console support

Hi Klaus, hi list

I am currently using Knoppix to do some performance testing in a productive hosting environment of a large ISP.

In this area, there aren't that many keyboards and screens laying around, so it would be very usefull to be able to connect to a serial port an get access to the knoppix boot prompt through the console.

Is there a reason why Knoppix shouldn't support a serial console (maybe it uses to much space...)?

I recently built a Gentoo system with console support and it was pretty easy to enable (some options in the kernel, some settings in grub).

It would be great if Knoppix had this little feature in the future ...

Klaus: Thank you very much for this great piece of software.

Lukas