Re: [debian-knoppix] Booting 2.6.7 kernel in knopix 3.6

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 01:50:38PM +0200, rich08jb@rochester.rr.com wrote:
> I cannot boot the 2.6.7 kernel in Knoppix 3.6 which is installed to my hard
> drive. The default works and boots and the lilo.config file appears to have
> the correct settings, same as for the default except for the vmlinz file. I do get
> a bios check message and then the screen goes blank. Any ideas and what more
> information can I give to elucidate this problem.

Maybe the framebuffer causes trouble. You could try to add the

vga=normal

option to /etc/lilo.conf, and remove the

quiet

option, in order to better locate the problem with your harddisk installation.

Don't forget to rerun lilo afterwards. ;-)

PS: There are some motherboards where Kernel 2.6 fails to start, at least this
was true up to Kernel 2.6.3.