Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix on a book-size-PC from Lex?

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 06:39:05AM +0200, Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wrote:
> I can see at last:
> ---
> Acessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/hdb.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> ---

After trying with a custom knoppix version that runs linuxrc with -x,
it looks like the cloop module doesn't like the KNOPPIX file at all.

+ insmod -f /modules/cloop.o file=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
/modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including inva
+ mountit /dev/cloop /KNOPPIX -o ro
+ BUILTIN_FS=iso9660 ext2 vfat
+ test -b /dev/cloop
+ mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cloop /KNOPPIX
+ test -b /dev/cloop
+ mount -t ext2 -o ro /dev/cloop /KNOPPIX
+ test -b /dev/cloop
+ mount -t vfat -o ro /dev/cloop /KNOPPUX
+ return 1

The insmod call gives the incomplete error message, and the mountit
function fails to recognize the file system as any of the file system
types that are tried.

The same CD on another PC works fine.

Might that be a problem with the VIA C3 CPU? The Kernel is built with
CONFIG_M586=y
CONFIG_X86_WP_WORKS_OK=y
CONFIG_X86_INVLPG=y
CONFIG_X86_CMPXCHG=y
CONFIG_X86_XADD=y
CONFIG_X86_BSWAP=y
CONFIG_X86_POPAD_OK=y
CONFIG_RWSEM_XCHGADD_ALGORITHM=y
CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT=5
CONFIG_X86_USE_STRING_486=y
CONFIG_X86_ALIGNMENT_16=y
CONFIG_X86_PPRO_FENCE=y
CONFIG_X86_MCE=y
CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_MTRR=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y

> A normal Debian-BootCD has no problems booting and installing a
> system on the hard drive so I guess the hardware itself is intact.
> Any hints what might be wrong?

You most probably have a cloop problem.

Greetings
Marc