Re: [debian-knoppix] Get rid of KDE! :-p

Thunderbird too.  Just not the whole Mozilla.

I think KDE should remain.
While talking about editors, what about joe? Same keystrokes as WordStar 3.3. Help is built into the system and is displayed while in the file you are editing.

Franco Saliola wrote:

Alright people, here it is! The best way to make
room on the Knoppix CD! Remove the bloat:
            KDE, Emacs, Mozilla.

This would save tons of space! Instead, use

     WindowMaker, OpenOffice, Firefox.

Of course, this would mean we KEEP LaTeX. And I
suggest including nano (www.nano-editor.org; why
isn't this already in Knoppix?).

Now I realize this is a fantasy. If I have a few
hours to spare one night, I will remaster Knoppix
3.4 into NoppiX = (no KDE; includes LaTeX).
WindowMaker will be the default.

Remastering is the number two reason KNOPPIX is
great!

Franco

Bill Eastman
KE5ASU