Re: desiderata (was Re: [debian-knoppix] Is Knoppix dead?)

On April 21, 2004 05:56, Andrea Trentini wrote:

> also, I use Knoppix as an operating system to revitalize
> a notebook with a broken IDE connector (on the MB, it's
> not replaceable without swapping the MB itself)
> so that it's still useable as a standard notebook
> (almost never connected to the Net)
> so I'm trying to vote for applications I currently
> use... ;)

Not removing Latex because you've got a broken IDE connector is one of the
most brilliant idea I've seen in decades. One would be surprised by the
amount of people owning a portable with a broken IDE connector who use Latex.

Still, as a minority, I will vote to scrap Latex. And if Kword has to be
removed and there is 7 MB left, maybe Abiword could be added as a lightweight
replacement?

GP