Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix-cd and knoppix-dvd?

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 09:13:20AM -0400, Bob Bagwill wrote:
> Maybe there should be a lean-and-mean Knoppix-CD distribution,
> and a
> everything-including-the-kitchen-sink-and-TeX-and-every-freefo
> nt-in-the world
> Knoppix-DVD distribution?

I have the same problem with my Quantian variant of Knoppix where there are
simply too many useful 'quantitative' or 'scientific' apps out there to
squeeze into 700mb -- so one recent releases had a 950mb 'kitchen sink'
variant.  I intend to do the same again with the next release.

Dirk -- Quantian is at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian/

--
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown.
                                             -- From the pac(8) manual page