Re: [debian-knoppix] Fix for knoppix-install at ct-Edition

Hi Steffen,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:59:43 +0100, steffen.grunewald@aei.mpg.de wrote:

> >      http://people.debian.org/~tille/knoppix-utils/knx-local.ext2
>
> Thanks. If knx-hdinstall would be modified, I'd like to see some small
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Note that the current installer is named "knoppix-installer". The old
installer "knx-hdinstall" is deprecated since Knoppix 3.3.

> - mount /mnt/target *before* the real copy starts (so I can add some
>   more partitions to the tree)

Again, use knoppix-installer. Knx-hdinstall is no longer maintained.
I don't have enough spare time for working on knx-hdinstall anymore.
And with the new installer already present on the CD, I don't see why
knx-hdinstall should be updated.

> - let passwd create md5 passwords instead of crypt ones

The chpasswd utility doesn't support md5 passwords, so what do you
suggest for script based password setting?

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
Grunaer Str. 31                                    http://silmor.de/~chris/