Re: [debian-knoppix] java in Open Office

Klaus Knopper wrote:

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:32:20PM +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
The OpenOffice which comes with Knoppix has Java support removed, I think.

Uhm... No? Why?

Maybe I am missing something. I start up OO,
and install an import/export filter (basically a pair
of XSLT transforms), then try to "save as" my target
XML. This works as expected in my normal desktop
setup. Under Knoppix I get a fatal crash, which
sends off an email to Sun (in German :-}). In .xsession-errors
I see:

Running OpenOffice for the first time: Setting up locales and dictionaries
Starting OpenOffice.org.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader
Trace Message: javaloader - could not init javaloader cause of javaloader error - could not find class com/sun/star/comp/loader/JavaLoader

Fatal exception: Signal 6
Stack:
/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/libsal.so.3[0x413f4e4a]
/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/libsal.so.3[0x413f4fd4]

etc. This is what made me thing the Java part has been damaged along
the way

of OO, and I'd love to have it on my demo Knoppix CD.

What is a "Demo Knoppix CD"?

sorry, bad phrasing: "Linux distribution with local documentation
for demonstrating in classes; based on the wonderful Knoppix"

Sebastian Rahtz