Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix + TeX, Vim, Scribus, PSutils

in fact you are not bound to iso9660 or udf. you may use any filesystem on the
image and burn it on cd, ext2 or xfs work great, too.

Am Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2004 06:29 schrieb Fabian Franz:
> Am Samstag, 11. Dezember 2004 00:23 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
> > On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 05:26:42PM +0100, Achim Unger wrote:
> > > Hallo,
> > >
> > > try Quantian at http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html
> > > It is a DVD 2.2 GByte compressed!
> >
> > Actually "only" 2.0 GB compressed, or about 6.0 GB uncompressed. I
> > recently found out the hard way that iso9660 filesystems (which the boot
> > process depends on) are capped at 2gb :-/
>
> Yes and no.
>
> What works on a local system:
>
> mkisofs -udf ... master/ -o KNOPPIX-DVD.iso
>
> mount -o loop KNOPPIX-DVD.iso
>
> I think its just a matter of putting udf.o in the miniroot and changing the
> iso9660 to udf in the linuxrc ... (or something like that)
>
> And as you will have made a new miniroot anyway (else the DVD would not
> boot due to inode issues) I think it should be quite straightforward to
> change that ...
>
> I wanted to try that once, but forgot ...
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> cu
>
> Fabian

Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
IT Consulting, EDV Service & Programmierung
Herakhstraße 20/25
A-4810 Gmunden
Tel.: +43 650 82 11 724
email: dr.klepp@gmx.at