How to mount /home from live cd using NFS?

I am using Knoppix 3.6 as a live cd plus a thumbdrive for saveconfig.

Although I'm familiar with mounting shares with NFS and can mount the / directory
of knoppix at a linux client, it has not been possible to mount the Knoppix /home directory.

Home lives on a ramdisk which is broken up into two parts:  /ramdisk/home and /ramdisk/var.
Also /home is symlinked to /ramdisk/home.

I've tried several ways in the exports file to export the /home directory:
/home                        linda(sync,rw,no_root_squash)
/ramdisk/home          linda "    "
/ramdisk                     linda "    "
All give an error message of "invalid share" I run exportfs -rav
which is also read when starting the nfs daemons with /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server.

Can anyone tell me the magic words to place /home properly in the exports file so I can mount it?

Thanks,
Larry Alkoff

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX