Re: [debian-knoppix] How I built Knoppix from Scratch

555 doesn't make sense to me.   /var/tmp is meant to be written to.
555 doesn't make sense.

Actually, it should be 1777 (the sticky bit should be set for security
purposes).

Cecil Watson wrote:
Cecil Watson wrote:

Hello Everyone,

apt-get -t experimental install x-window-system x-window-system-core
vi /etc/X11/Xsession
comment set -e and all of WRITE_TEST

I ended up commenting this line (WRITE_TEST) due to an error I'd get when X starts... After playing around, it seems the reason is because /ramdisk/var/tmp is created with permissions of 555 instead od 777. I've looked linuxrc and see where the directories are created (copied). I think I can easily instead a chmod in there to make /ramdisk/var/tmp 777. While I may end up doing so, it does seem like I should have to. Has anyone ran into this issue? In chroot /tmp is symlink to /var/tmp and both are 777. Did I miss a chmod some place?

Thanks,

Cecil

Oddity of oddities... /var/tmp is 777 w/ 2.6.7, however if I use 2.6.9, it is 555? I've combed true the .config changes between the two, however I don't see anything what would cause this. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/