Re: [debian-knoppix] kernel 2.6.7 on a remaster

mark everton wrote:

I want to add a kernel 2.6.7 on a remaster.
What patches do I need?
How do I do it? Is there a howto someplace? The howto on knoppix.net
is not that understandable.

Thanks

I'd suggest compiling and booting to 2.6.7 on the workstation that you'll build your remaster on first. This way, you won't run into issue when you depmod in your chroot. As far as patches, patch with Klaus' and any other patch you want. You'll need to recompile cloop, knx-alsa(I've recompiled several times w/o issue), wireless modules(orinoco and atmelwlan) and loop-aes. I'd suggest re-reading the howto as it is VERY helpful. Don't forget to replace kernel and modules in miniroot! ;)

Cecil