Re: [debian-knoppix] Acer Travelmate 243FX and Knoppix 3.6/3.7

Am Donnerstag, 14. Oktober 2004 19:21 schrieb Janusz S. Bień:
> I am unable to boot Knoppix on the notebook I have to use for my
> lecture. As for the default kernel, the problem is known, cf. e.g.
>
>         http://www.te.ugm.ac.id/~risanuri/dll/acer.html

Yeah and there is also a "solution":

Please boot with:

knoppix acpi=off

and if that does not help, you can also try:

knoppix acpi=off noapic pci=bios

[ my favorite line ;-) ]

cu

Fabian

PS: Please do _not_ answer to another post on that list if you want to write a
new topic, because it fucks up the threading. Use new message, And copy and
paste the email addy instead. Thank you.