nxclient with other window managers?

With the configuration:
Computer1(Knoppix, nxserver) <-> Computer2(win2000, nxclient),

I tried to use nxclient with another window manager than gnome or kde. I tried
to start with icewm, so I put into the nxclient configuration ->custom -> run
command: icewm, but actually all I got was a black screen with a cross-shaped
mouse cursor.

What is wrong with my setup? With computer2 running knoppix also but without
nxclient but an ordinary ssh -X computer1 -l knoppix everything worked fine!

Best regards,
Edgar